Sunday, July 4, 2010

Temporary Home


So yesterday was one of the funnest/most exciting days EVER. Recap:

Woke up early and got all dolled up for the fourth of July parade, got there, then realized I had forgotten my battery pack so Grandpa took me back to the house like a speed demon to get it. The helmet messed up my hair buy I was just happy that I got my battery pack haha. So the parade was a hoot and my mother was absurdly hilarious the whole time. It consisted of a lot of "movin' and shakin'" as the fam bam calls it haha. It was beast. Then we came home, everyone changed and went swimming, got stuff done, hung out and such.
Then around 7 30 So we got to the Stadium of Fire and found our ROCKIN seats. I was so pumped. Our of 50,000 people we got some beast spots. And it's BYU tradition to start all games/events/concerts with a prayer so all 50,000 went quite as the prayer was said. It as the coolest thing ever. Then Aunt Jenny played incredibly and we were all yelling our heads off. She looked so gorgeous! Then my favourites the 5 Browns played and I freaked. I'm in love with ALL OF THEM. Carrie Underwood came out and did a couple of songs, then uncle Matt come out and got Dallin & I to go DOWN TO THE FIELD! We were RIGHT behind the press. It was amazing. Then I turned around and there was Greg from the 5 Browns and I freaked! AND WE TALKED! It was the coolest thing ever. I'm in love with him.

Then after everyone was done performing... the craziness started. The fireworks were amazing, and I sat by Greg! As they started doing the fireworks that were placed in the actual field where the press and the performers, and me and Hannah (my little cousin who was on my lap) on of the fireworks malfunctioned right next to Hannah and I, and we were sitting on the grass. It went STRAIGHT passed my head so I grabbed Hannah and ran because there was smoke in the seats by the press and the VIPs, and Aunt Jenny's 750 dollar performance dress was burned on her back because she was holding Matthew and she turned. It was scary as freak. I think my 'mother' instincts kicked in while I was holding Hannah, haha. No but seriously, I was like bustin' outta there. Then after we went to the executive performers room to escape the crowds and Jenny/Matthew had to be checked out. It was quite the exciting night.
But I loved it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment