Monday, July 12, 2010

Detail is Everything.

So I have this old relative who has this car collection that is worth over 2 mil, and my dad had seen it multiple times but I hadn't so today he took me. It. was. incredible. Absolutely fantastically beautiful, and I was utterly in heaven. Let me tell you about it. He had a:
Chevy Impala from the 50s that was gorgeous
'29 Pierce Arrow with rumble seats TWELVE CYLINDER! It was gorgeous, and he restored it an hand painted the dashboard to look like real wood. Amazing.
Cadillac El Dorado Brougham (only 400 made that year)
1915 Model T (one if the first fords)
Model A Ford ( SO cool, lots of brass and the hood ornament was like art itself)
Another 1914 Model T with GLASS headlights!
Packard 120 that Teddy Roosevelt rode in! Only one of 5 in the whole world, only one in America. In my top 3 for sure.
1916 Oldsmobile, which is one of only 6 in the world because it was a prototype made for the world fair in San Francisco
'39 Lasal (sp? sorry can't remember) Cadillac with Russian stainless steel on the hard top
An absolutely BEAUTIFUL Auburn 851 (super charged!) by Duesenburg Company! Loooved that one.
Buick Skylark ( so, so pretty)
And probably one of my top 3 was the Hot Rod that he restored. It. is. so. unbelievably gorgeous. Incredible. Engine was beautiful too. Wowza.

And a lot of these cars have been in movies and such. It was heaven, honestly one of the coolest things I've ever seen and I could have just sat in there and looked at the engines alone for hours. And a freaking 12 cylinder? Dude. That's really rare. It was just unreal, eveything. It was such an awesome experience I almost died of happiness, haha. I walked out of there on cloud nine.

I bought my first SLAM magazine today and it was a special edition split in half on Lebron and Kobe. It was legit to say the least. Brah totally subscribing.

Tonight for dinner as we were walking to our seats, I saw this family of 5 with 3 girls and 2 parents. Just like my family! Except all three girls were sitting there on their phones texting, not even looking at each other. The parents looked like they were having a ball... not. It was really sad. It made me so grateful I had a family that is normal. Okay hold up- that's a lie. We're not normal in any way shape or form. But at least we know how to have fun and interact with each other you know? I love my family.

I realized I need to get back on the ball. I have a load to do this summer, seriously. My summer has already been seriously busy, but there's so much more I need to be doing. 4 books have to be read (2 of them annotated), and I have to go through an 850 page ACT book by the end of the summer or else that will not not not go over well with Dad... yay. Plus I need to be working on Pre Calculus. Fun! But it's okay. I'm used to it I guess. Whatevah, brah. It's just kuleana. And so what if my head is kapakahi. Da kine? I guess. Wow I'm such a Haole. What I learn from my mother...

No comments:

Post a Comment