Thursday, July 15, 2010

Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road.


Picture caption: a swiss (and canadian!) missionary I searched for FOREVER whilst at temple square! Wooh I love her!

Last night I stayed up until 11:30 looking at pictures. What of? My mom's mission in the DR. They were SO COOL. It was so fun to see her and all the other missionaries and I loved the ones of my mom and all the dominicans. There was one of this huuuuge frog on the wall in their room and I almost passed out. It was HUGE I tell you, huge. Looking through those pictures makes me want to go on a mission even more! My mom is the best.

Another thing: Having a sister is like having a best friend around your whole life. I'm lucky to have two :)

So as I was at the distribution center (actually getting a french book of mormon!) right next to deseret book today. It was dead silent, and my phone vibrates so I pull out my phone. 'Oh! A text from Emily, how exciting!' I should have known better than to open it. Because you know what happened? I let out this really loud laugh in the DEAD SILENCE and so I ran out of there like you've never seen before. I'm pretty sure I can never show my face there again. At least I got the book of mormon haha...

Last year I think I was a weeny bit paranoid about timing. I had to have the perfect timing for everything and I put a lot of thought and effort into it. It wasn't abnormal but for me it was, just considering I'm a person who likes to be around people and have fun and whatnot... I just always felt like my timing had to be right. But I think I've improved so much with that and I didn't really realize it until now. I think I've just become more comfortable with just doing what feels right, when the moment presents itself. I don't know if that made sense at all... But I guess what I'm trying to say is this: If you sit around and wait for the perfect timing for everything, then you probably won't be doing much of anything.

And every moment, no matter how dull it may seem, has something to offer us. Every. single. moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment