Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gummy Bears.


Have you ever had an experience that made you want to shout "STOP STOP STOP I NEED A DO OVER!" and everything would just... stop? I feel like I've been having those a lot lately and it's really bugging me. Sometimes I just feel like I just want to re-do everything so I can do it even just the slightest bit better. No matter what it is I always bug myself with 'I could have done that so much better' even when I try my hardest. It's so annoying. But hey- its all about making mistakes and growing up right? Right.

As part of our daily summer routine we wake up early to go to the gym, and I was up on the track on the treadmills watching the younger kids do the basketball camp on the court. It made me laugh so hard because there was only one girl in the whole camp and I was totally having deja vu. That was me a couple of years ago. This girl was doing this competition with this group of guys and she was left in, but the guys who were out were like 'GET THE GIRL OUT!' and so she just started playing even more aggressively and rough. Even though she got out, I was like 'YOU GO GIRL!' It made me think of me when I was that age because I was most definitely the kind of girl who would get even more rough when people were messing with me. It was really interesting that I noticed that about myself, I had never really thought about that before! Haha, what we learn about ourselves every day...

When we got home and I showered/got ready, I went upstairs and Bubby is in the shower singing 'I'm a gummy bear I'm a gummy bear I'm a gummy bear!' and it was the funniest thing ever. EVER.

So today as I was reading SLAM I kind of toyed with the idea of possibly being a sports writer. How much would that rock? A LOT. Or even a sports photographer. Probably just NBA though, I think that would be the best. That would be a fairy tale come true.

I hung out with Jacob today and it was the best thing that could have happened this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment