Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Keep Austin Weird.

So I never got to report back on my trip to Austin! It was amazing. The fam and I (I keep on forgetting Siri is my sister...) had SO MUCH FUN. The drive up there was so hilarious, my mom, Siri and I just laughed and sang and partied the whole way there. One of the funnest things was when we went farther out into the country to this small little town and went to a bunch of antique shops and flea markets. Something weird about me... I have this weird obsession with old pictures. Like, super old ones with random people in them. There was this one of a boy (probably 18?) with his graduation hat and robe on, and it was black and white and reeeeeaally old. I was going to buy it but then we had to leave and I was so upset, I wanted it so bad. Even though I had NO idea who this random person was, I just felt special looking at it knowing that this person has a story.

We went to a bunch of cool places, and hit up the UT campus. My dad showed me around and showed me everything he did and places he went and all that jazz. It was really cool- he showed me the scholarship plaque his name used to be under and all this awesome stuff. You know, I just realized how proud of my dad I am. My dad is such a beast, he works hard and loves us so much. Best man I've ever known.

OH YEAH and I got peed on by a bat, can't forget that one. It wasn't funny, but everyone was laughing their heads off. Austin is really cool though, kinda indie, kinda rock, kinda crazy. It's just... weird. Now I get those "Keep Austin Weird" shirts haha! But I had so much fun and Siri and I spent every night talking out butts off. She's so fun, I'm seriously so grateful she's here. I love have 3 sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment