Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Goals.

Okay so I'm the kind of person who likes to have everything laid out for me. I like to have a set plan so I know exactly what I'm doing and exactly how I'm getting there. I was planning on graduating high school a year early then going straight to college, but now I'm pretty sure I'm just going to stay the last year... its more efficient. Here's the current game plan:

Graduating high school in 2012.
By skipping freshman year of college, I get my undergrad in three years instead of 4 by 2015.
By the time I get my undergrad I'll be 21 so IF the situation is right and it all works out, I think I would love nothing more to serve a mission. So lets just estimate that IF I do, I'll be back in school by (at the very latest) 2017.
Then, I get my masters in graduate school by 2 years, so I'll be done with school by 2019 IF I serve a mission. So I'll be done done done with everything by the time I'm approximately 25-27.

I'm excited for life. Whenever I talk to people about my life 'plan' and goals to people they think I'm just trying to rush through everything. Rush through my childhood. But I'm really not. I've soaked in every minute of everything, and I've taken advantage of all of the great situations I've been in. I mean, I know that even if I do make a plan and stick to it, life twists and turns in ways that we didn't expect. So obviously I can't expect everything to go according to plan. I just want to have a main idea of along what kind of path I'll be in sooner or later. I've worked hard and I'm going to continue to work my butt off so I can get where I want to be. But I'm not rushing, I'm just doing what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment